Liminal, Compact and Ignored Spaces

From placing my Mosaic image of my body back into the space it was taken, wasn’t clear enough due to the dark clothing and the awkward positioning of the cupboard. So I decided to explore the house more and change my costume to beige, flesh coloured clothing which also blended into the walls of the house due to the cream walls. Exploring more of the house and the tight spaces it offers was interesting to know how and various ways to adjust my body into the compact spaces.

wall editied
Photo Taken By Jozey Wade. Edited By Faye Rose McDool

“As you gain a greater awareness of your body, it preferences, and begin noticing how even tiny physical changes can affect your inner state. You start to really inhabit your body and see how the subtest in your body affects your inner landscapes” ((Oida, Yoshi & Marshall, Lorna 1997, The Invisible Actor, Cox & Wyman, Reading, Berkshire p35))
With the new images I have taken, I have edited them, layering the images to make my body look fixed in that environment and into the photo. This will also get the sense of my body inhabiting the space, just like Eve Dent and Willie Dorner creations. This also will draw the audience attention to the ignored spaces in the house and show their possibilities. “Responding to the site and creating a new set of questions” ((Weileder, Wolfgang 2005, House Projects, Birmingham p25))

Emma-Hack, Oriental-Bouquet-Cradled-Ringneck-346x346
Emma Hack ((Emma Hack, Utopia: Oriental Bouquet Cradled Ringneck, Accessed 26/03/2013 http://www.emmahackartist.com.au/emma_art/emma_utopia.html#.UVGPXByeNTk))

After I edited my photos, I saw a  resemblance to Emma Hacks work. She is an body artist who paints bodies the same pattern as the background to make them blend into that environment.

My idea of become part of the House is also going to be reflected as to where I am going to place my images. They are going to be scattered around the house in family photo frames with each image appropriate room, as to where the photo was taken, placed on window ledges and shelf’s  This gives the sense of the images of becoming part of the family home as well as the images them self of me becoming the building.