What’s mine is mine

Coming to uni never seemed like that big a deal to me just another step in life. To be halved moved out with the option to go home whenever I want for however long I want. I was lucky enough to find a kindred spirit here at university and she had the room next to me, it meant I instantly had someone who had the exact personality of my friends back in Wakefield (although with a weird accent), and to top it off one of my friends from Wakefield ended up coming here which meant it never felt like id actually left. Even now I’m happy to call Lincoln my home, but its different from my house in Wakefield as when I lived there (before university) it was my home but when I think of it now home is my bedroom in Wakefield rather than the whole house it’s just that one room, in comparison to my house in Lincoln as the whole place is home. It even goes back to the house I lived in for the first 3 years of my life obviously I don’t have a mountain of memories I have videos and pictures but my only true memory of that house is sitting in front of the fire on a snowy day with my friend. That to me has left the impression of only that room being home I could tell you the colour of the sofas the wall paper , the rug and carpet on that day but any other details of any other room and I draw a blank. I guess it falls down to possession for me not the material things (although nowhere is home without my teddy) but my ability to feel possession for the place, be that simply with memories as with my first home, things and memories as with my second home or literally being the one that pays for the place as with my current home here in Lincoln (but I’m quickly getting more memories and things than I thought possible). So I guess what I’m saying is home is where you make it not where your memories are as you can have them from anywhere such as park benches, or people as my family will always be my family but I think I’ve outgrown my home being the same as theirs.